Please note, this circular has been retracted, read more here
HEADS OF PROVINCIAL HEALTH DEPARTMENTS
DISTRICT AND PHC MANAGERS
COVID-19 VACCINE PROGRAMME MANAGERS
COVID-19 VACCINATION SITE MANAGERS
INSTRUCTIONS ON PROCESS FOR VACCINATION OF SPECIAL GROUPS AND INDIVIDUALSAGAINST COVID-19
1. The Department of Health receives requests to arrange vaccination against Covid-19 for special groups and individuals who are not currently eligible to be vaccinated under the national vaccine roll-out.
2. The purpose of providing a process for special cases of groups or individuals to be vaccinated outside of the prevailing age cohort roll-out, the essential public sector programme, or a workplace programme, is to accommodate people who need to travel abroad for the purposes listed in this document and who require proof of vaccination to do so.
3. Exemption will be considered for Individuals who need to travel outside of South Africa, specifically for the following reasons:
a. business or work-related travel abroad
b. study at an accredited educational institution abroad
c. sportsmen/women who need to travel outside of South Africa to represent the country
d. accessing medical care abroad
Individuals who have received one dose of Pfizer vaccine outside of South Africa more than 42 days ago will be eligible to receive a second dose of the vaccine in the country and for this will require an EVDS generated code.
4. For each individual requesting accelerated vaccination to facilitate travel the accompanying form should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submission of documents supporting an individual’s application for vaccination may be requested and must be submitted before the application will be approved. This documentation may include (but is not limited to): visa, work or study permit for country to which individual is travelling, letter from employer, institution of study or sports federation, affidavit signed by commissioner of oaths.
5. Once available, the EVDS vaccination code will be sent to the individual’s cell phone number.
No scheduling of vaccinations will be done by the department. Individuals will be responsible for arranging vaccination at a local vaccination site.