Uber is committed to helping as many people as possible receive a vaccination during this critical time, and want to help ensure that transport isn’t a barrier to getting vulnerable people to their COVID-19 vaccination.
In partnership with Mastercard®, Uber is covering 2 free trips (up to R100 each) to and from select vaccination centres across the country! T&Cs apply.
Trips must start or end at select vaccination centres, which you can view here.
How to claim your trip:
- Click on the voucher link here.
- Click “Add Voucher” to add it to your account.
- The voucher will appear in the ‘Wallet’ section of the app.
- The voucher will be applied when requesting a trip to the select vaccination centres mentioned above.
- Navigate to the rides home screen and enter the pick-up/drop-off location for yourself or the person you are booking for.
- Confirm your trip.
Tips for safe riding:
We are especially thankful to drivers whose efforts are essential to keeping the country moving during this challenging time. We ask that you please keep your driver’s wellbeing in mind by:
- Wearing face coverings or masks at all times, as legally required
- Washing your hands (or using hand sanitiser) before entering the vehicle
- Giving your driver space by sitting in the back seat
- Covering your mouth or nose if you cough or sneeze (please take any used tissues with you)
- Opening the window to improve ventilation
- Drivers have been given the same reminders to help you move with confidence.
The Fine Print:
T&Cs: The Offer of a maximum of R100(One Hundred Rand) discount per trip up to a maximum of 2(two) trips applies to all users of the Uber App during the Promotion Period 25 August 2021 until 31 December 2021. If the cost of the trip is less than the discount, the remaining amount cannot be rolled over. The Offer cannot be transferred, duplicated or sold and is not redeemable for cash . The Offer does not apply to surcharges, tolls, or tips. This offer is valid only on UberX, UberXL, UberGO, Uber Assist and Uber Van. The following further terms and conditions apply to the Offer: (i) the Offer is only valid in South Africa where Uber is available; (ii) the Offer is only for trips to/from particular vaccination sites, specified by Uber; and (iii) the Offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. Uber in its sole discretion reserves the right to amend or to withdraw the Offer, in whole or in part, at any time and without prior notice.
Disclaimer: All information provided herein was, to the best of Uber’s knowledge, correct and complete as at the time of recording. However, you hereby acknowledge and agree that any and all communications sent to you by Uber in any form or media, are not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. You hereby waive and hold harmless Uber from any and all liability that may arise from your reliance on any communications shared with you by Uber irrespective of the form or media thereof. If you have questions about any medical matter, you should consult a doctor or other qualified healthcare provider.
To learn more about what Uber is doing to help contribute to the safety of both riders and drivers during the COVID-19 crisis, click here.