Vooma Vaccination Champions (Vax Champs) help end the COVID-19 pandemic by encouraging friends, family and neighbours to get the COVID-19 vaccination. Run by the Department of Health and civil society partners, Vax Champs is the national effort to mobilise people all over the country to end the COVID-19 pandemic.
Vaccination saves lives, and if enough of us vaccinate, we can put a stop to the pandemic in SA. We invite everyone to be an ambassador for vaccination, we are all in the team that can overcome the pandemic.
Please help control the pandemic
Protect your friends & family
Be a Vax Champ!
We are all in the team that can overcome COVID-19
Vax Champs do 3 things:
1. Educate yourself about COVID-19 and vaccines. We will send you information and hold regular chats so that you are well-informed and can offer
useful advice to people in your community.
2. Promote Vaccines. Tell people in your community that you have been vaccinated and share information about the vaccine if they are interested.
Encourage people in your community to vaccinate. Speak to people in your area face-to-face or through social media like WhatsApp.
3. Report problems. Help us understand issues that stop people vaccinating in your community, such as concerns or myths. We’ll use this information to improve the vaccination services in your community.
If you become a Vax Champ the greatest benefit is that you will join a community of people working together to end the pandemic and save lives. You will be a leader in your community in ending the Covid pandemic and improving their health.
You will receive training and capacity building around information on Covid and vaccines, how to listen to people and encourage then, and how to use social media effectively.
We will have a weekly draw with exciting prizes for Vax Champs. We will announce these prizes in the coming weeks.
Once you have become a Vax Champ We will send you information regularly.
We will also invite you to sessions online to help you know more about the COVID-19 vaccine and to learn how to answer questions and encourage people to
You can become a member of a private Facebook group where you can ask questions and find information. Our website also has a closed section for Vax Champs where you can ask more questions and find information.
- You can speak to people face-to-face where you are comfortable to do that.
- You can log onto our website on the Moya app and speak to your friends via the app. Moya is a data free app that you can find in the Android store.
- You can receive information through SMS.